Africa is a continent of diverse physical environments and diverse peoples.
In today’s lesson we will work on researching the people of Africa by:
- Using maps to describe the diversity of physical environments of the African continent.
- Using maps and internet resources to identify some of the tribes and ethnic groups in Africa and their connection to the land and society.
- Examining satellite images and other sources of information made available to us by flying to Africa using Google Earth.
- Test our knowledge of the regions of Africa by completing the map jigsaw.
- Explore the regions of Africa and the people of these regions by clicking this link PBS Explore Africa
- What does the following map tell us about the people of Africa?
- View Google Maps for satellite images and photographs as sources for your research report.
- Move to the Library to continue on completing your research assignment.