Contribute to our class mash up on population issues to be shared with the class this Friday.
Get creative and express a view on an Australian population issue.
- Australia’s immigration policy: is the Australian government looking to limit future immigration numbers? Why are we looking to involve East Timor?
- How is the NSW Government responding to our increase in population. What are the problems of urban sprawl? What is urban consolidation?
- Why is Kuringai Council so upset by the actions of NSW Planning?
- What ecological problems could be worsened by an increase in our population?
- Why are coastal environments threatened by changing demographics? ….
Mash up ideas
- Draw a cartoon
- Record a podcast of an interview or a debate
- Write lyrics for a song
- Produce an animated movie
- Write a poem
- Write an Opinion letter to be published in a major newspaper
Email your mash up contribution by Thursday night. I know it isn’t alot of notice, however it is not a major assessment. Rather it is an opportunity to think about the issues, communicate creatively to develop your understanding and that of your classmates.