In today’s lesson we will learn about:
- What causes floods?
- the different types of floods
- What areas of Australia are most affected by floods?
- the economic, environmental and social impact of floods (are floods always bad?)
- What causes the death of most people in floods?
- How do individuals, groups and governments respond to manage the impact of floods?
Access Emergency Management Australia’s website EMA Floods – Get the Facts
See Geoscience Australia’s website for information on floods and their impacts Geoscience Australia – Impact of Floods
The Bureau of Meterology explains flash floods BOM what causes flash floods?
Read the advice from EMA on protecting ourselves from floods and the dangers of floodwaters EMA Floods – Protect yourself